 Publishing / 3645
Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf (and some random thoughts)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 01:25:30 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

My random thoughts:

I have read some of the more interesting and wiser postings, and have to say
that I agree with many things that have been said, some of them I couldn’t
say better myself, others are just plain commonsense and then there are some
which are, someone’s opinion yet possibly uncalled for.  What I have to say
here isn’t just a response to the latest happenings or posts, but to
everything in the past and the future.

Has it ever entered anyone's mind that there are so many rules in the world,
due to the fact that what once was some sort of freedom and less overruled,
is now replaced with many laws and rules, because people 'push' the limits
and use and abuse and take situations for granted.  Obviously no one can
play nice in the LUGNET sandpit or the BrickShelf playground etc, so there
are now new ways of dealing with things.  I'm sure we are all guilty of this
to some degree in our lives, even if it’s at least once.

Wake up before we lose everything, we are so lucky to have what we have!  We
have the greatest toy in the world:  ‘LEGO’, I don’t know of many other
companies who provide their fans and followers/customers etc with so many
goodies (that goes for everything LEGO does and has done).   ‘Bricklink’, we
have a great place to buy and sell spare parts/sets etc.  ‘Brickshelf’,
online catalogues and instructions, a great place to store our LEGO related
pics etc… ‘LUGNET’ a great place to meet and share our ideas and thoughts
and many more goodies…  and many more glorious and informative/helpful
sites… But if we don’t look after them, so they can look after us, then
we’ll have nothing.  If you like the people behind them or not!

We are truly spoilt and to think there is still more to come.  Ya know, if
you had everything you ever wanted, then you don’t have much to look forward
to, cause there wouldn’t be much more.

These days, you want something done right or done your way, you do it yourself!
If you don't like what others do, then go somewhere else.
If you don't like someone, ignore him or her and move on...
If you want to start a fight or argument, think about what you are going to
say, as you will always be remembered for it and it becomes the person you are.

If something really bothers you, take a day or two to think and respond
later, you usually find you would have regretted a lot of what you may have
said or you may not decide to say anything at all (probably a good thing too ;).

Think about it, and as much as anyone could say or do, you'll NEVER please
or satisfy everyone, even if you give every human $1000... there would
always be someone to complain that it wasn't enough, or where it was coming
from.  (I agree with Amy’s comment – and know that from my own experience,
you something to someone for free, it’s like “don’t worry about that, it was
free anyway” (the little or no respect attitude), but if they paid for it,
it’s like “hey I paid money for that” (the ‘respect my stuff thanks’ attitude).

I think many people deserve a little more respect, and that some respect is
long over due for some.  The services that are and have been provided to us
by, LUGNET, BrickShelf, Bricklink, LEGO, Ldraw etc, are GREAT, everything
has faults and they will never be complete to our needs/wants, but all I
read is loads of complaints and a few good, positive things... feedback is
good, but it's the way people go about it that’s the problem.  Sure bowing
down to someone's feet isn't the answer in this case, nor is it needed, but
looking in different points of view rather than one direction, is a good
start.  Think of how you feel about someone and put yourself in their shoes,
think of all the pressure and what they do to get you what they bring and
provide to you... How would you feel? How would you cope? How would you deal
with it? - We are only human, but we are still in control of ourselves and
that goes to myself to.

Many of you are way far more intelligent than I, but some you don't behave
that way, if you feel that affects you, then maybe you are guilty of something.

These aren't words of wisdom, nor am I telling you to be this way, just
think about it is all... we are not all the same (thank goodness ;)) and the
world would be boring if we were...  There are so many great and interesting
things in life, because there are so many different minds and ways of thinking.

I didn't want to write anything, but I'm so sick of seeing things being
bashed and people word bashing each other... it's madness, it's psychotic,
people need to calm down or go find a sport that supports that sort of
behaviour... opinions are great as long as they are thoughtful and respectful.

Thanks for reading what has come from my mind...  I'm not expecting anyone
to agree with anything I have said... but I feel much better getting it out
of my head and off my chest.  I could tell you all that many of you are
behaving like a bunch of snotty nosed, dirty diaper filled, little 2 year
olds who are long over due for a sleep… but I won’t ;) Don’t take life too
seriously… just relax and have fun J

Support your clubs/organisers/groups/hosts/services… they do a lot for you J

Mel
www.brickzine.com
“Don’t grow up, just play nicely”