 Publishing / 3610
Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 21:37:16 GMT

Hi Kevin,

in news:GyrGGo.3zy@lugnet.com you wrote
I admit, circumstances caused the moderation system to be implemented
in a sudden and clumsy manner.  Life works that way sometimes.
The alternative was to leave the gallery offline for a few months
while proper software development and marketing efforts were
persued.

I don't think it would take a few months to write one short HTML page with
your submission rules and put it on www.brickshelf.com. This has nothing to
do with programming software. You could save much time for moderating, when
people don't even try to upload things, that will be deleted anyway.

It is dissapointing to not see uploaded files immediately show up in the
recent views.  Indeed, that was one of the most wonderful things about
the gallery experience.  I'm sad to see that go to.

Yes, that was one of the most wonderful things. :-(

The moderating
guidelines for Brickshelf are extremely simple (explained in other
messages) and *have not changed*.

Why aren't they where they are supposted to be: www.brickshelf.com. I do not
think, every Brickshelf member is subscribed to lugnet newsgroups.

..oli