 Publishing / 3580
Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 00:24:45 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Dan Boger writes:
In lugnet.publish, Daniel Siskind wrote:
My disagreement isn't necessarily directed towards Larry (and I should
thank him for making most of my files public at a very early stage),
but he illustrates a good point in what is wrong with this current
situation. If I hold anyone accountable for this whole mess, I would
say that Kevin fumbled from the get go when he announced his decision
without thorough explanation. The only way I know Kevin is from his
commendable service to the community, which up until now I never
thought to question. I have read a lot of responses and suggestions
posed since full (pre-emptive) moderation was announced, but so far no
one has pointed out how rotten it really is.

you're allowed to have your opinion, but I think Kevin did exactly what
he should have done. But tell me this - why is the moderation so rotten?
Because you can't view your pictures in the recent folders? Or people
can't view your "folder"? why not just create a webpage, with an index
(perhaps even with descriptions, imaging that!) and link to your
pictures on BS. You still get the free hosting and bandwidth, and don't
need to deal with the moderation!

By not showing the content, it may as well not exist. If there was a
problem with TOS violations, then why was it not removed a long time
ago? Again, not a problem with Larry, but with how this is being
handled.

"may as well not exist". Link to it from your web page, and you'll never
know it wasn't moderated.

This is true, but misses the point. All that is being asked for by me is
some more concrete understanding of what to approve, and what not to, and
what to do with things that are questionable.