 Publishing / 3593
Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 05:54:06 GMT

ty for replying Kevin. Granted I understand the sensitivity around some of
the Testament chapters but he's got several other projects that have no
offensive nature except possibly in their colour schemes. My question is why
there was a carpet policy on everything he's done when only a percentage of
it could be considered questionable. If your under the impression that he
may have other possibly explicit material in non-testament folders I can
understand that assumption. So bascially he's an isolated situation and has
to have a thorough review. * mumbles but acknowledges *

cheers, Joseph

In lugnet.publish, Kevin Loch writes:
In lugnet.publish, Anthony Sava writes:

Why set them aside for further review?

He has uploaded a handful of images in the past that were not (according to
me). Therefore I want to carefully review all of them to make sure
they are all kid-safe.

The subject matter (the Bible) deals with alot of very adult topics
that could be implemented using minifigs with varying degrees of
explicitness.  It is that "gratuitous" explicitness that crossed
the line in the past. Kids might read about adult things in the
Bible, but they probably don't see graphic "adult" pictures in the Bible.

This same level of scrutiny would be applied to any topic
or user who uploaded explicit minifig pictures.

I guess it could be a politcal move, the seperation of church and • Brickshelf...

To be clear, acceptability is *not* based on any religous, political
or stylistic factors.  If it's safe and on-topic, it's ok.

KL