 Publishing / 3629
Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 00:12:26 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Daniel Siskind writes:
In lugnet.publish, Dan Boger writes:

you're allowed to have your opinion, but I think Kevin did exactly what
he should have done. But tell me this - why is the moderation so rotten?
Because you can't view your pictures in the recent folders? Or people
can't view your "folder"? why not just create a webpage, with an index
(perhaps even with descriptions, imaging that!) and link to your
pictures on BS. You still get the free hosting and bandwidth, and don't
need to deal with the moderation!

Oh really?  I didn't notice a need for every posting to be reviewed before
being posted. Now everything, including stuff that has been viewed thousands
of times before, is now under scutiny and with just the vaguest of idea of
what is and what is not acceptable.

That is false.  There is one moderator and the rules could not possibly
be simpler or more transparent.

People's vivid imagination appears to be much more interesting than
reality when it comes to Brickshelf moderation.

KL