 Off-Topic / Geek / 4261
Re: math question (or pattern... whatever...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 01:23:38 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Larry Pieniazek writes:

has this writeup of the problem, along with a simulator for you to try:

http://www.cut-the-knot.org/hall.shtml

I love this quote from S.K.Stein's book (which I may have to find a copy of):

"Performing these experiments not only gives you some clues, it also slows
you down from the common frenzy of everyday life, so you can focus on just
one thing for a period of time."

ROSCO