 Off-Topic / Geek / 1473
Re: GUI LUGNET streaming news client in Java (Was: Pseudo-streaming live news (was: Re: Monitor Page))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 18:39:59 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Dan Boger writes:
that make sense?
Nope, that would put sensitive data into the httpd logs!
hmmm... good point - though doesn't the login cgi end up in the logs
right now anyway, in plaintext?

No, that's passed via POST, not GET.

nodnod.

nod, shouldn't be a problem actually...  except, I wonder where I'll
get the cookie in the first place - I might be able to dig it out of
netscape/mozilla cache...

Should be pretty easy to find it in your cookies.txt file...(?)

nod - though I'll prob make it do a proper login to get the cookie, so that you
won't have to have a browser installed just for that.

(nothing yet, just thinking)

but I'll prob try to stay within the numpad realm, for easy
browsing... so 0-9 and * for 100%... :)

Ahhh, neat-o: lots of numpad keys.  I like * for 100!  :)

The . key (labeled Del on most keyboard today) or the / key might also work
nicely for un-submitting a rating.  To unsubmit a rating, simply pass the
empty string to rate.cgi where you would normally pass 0 to 100.  Maybe + and
- would also work for adjusting your own rating up or down by tens or units...?

nod, unsubmitting is important (can you do it via the web interface?)  prob use
the 'del' key for that... I think I'll have to leave the +/- for next/prev
msg... '/' to start a reply, 'enter' to launch a browser to the msg, or perhaps
one of the urls found in it...

:)

Dan