 Administrative / General / 5484
Re: Pseudo-streaming live news (was: Re: Monitor Page)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 04:48:12 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Steve Bliss writes:
I just wanted to say thanks for putting together the avid.cgi interface.
It's very nifty and cool, even if I don't write a local newsspooler to
attach to it.

My little app polls through avid, and shows a list of the most recent
messages.  If I want to read a particular message, I click it, and it
brings up a browser window with that message in the LUGNET web
interface.

So now I can download the overnight messages in the morning, and fire up
the avid feed to catch new messages.  Read, post, repeat.

Excellent!  Glad to hear it!

--Todd