 Administrative / General / 5406
Re: Pseudo-streaming live news (was: Re: Monitor Page)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 22:23:45 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman wrote:

The safest thing before running client code is to understand it intimately
and to be sure that it is free any possibility of trojan horses.  (The sample
code I supplied is pure and safe.)

Thank you for pointing that out.  I had forgotten about eval, and did
not realize the potential for trouble with it.

I've got a simple client developed in MS-VB, which just polls and
displays the feed, inserting the messages at the top of the log, so the
most recent message displays first.  Worked great until I got a 401 from
the firewall.

Steve