 Administrative / General / 5449
Re: Pseudo-streaming live news (was: Re: Monitor Page)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 00:35:55 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
For general review, the app:
http://www.io.com/~jsproat/lugnet/text_streaming_news.jar
and the source:
http://www.io.com/~jsproat/lugnet/text_streaming_news.zip
I just changed and re-uploaded these...
...And again.

Ditto.

Changes:

o  Added a SkipFilter class.  There is no support for it in the Listener
class; I'm not sure if skip-filters shouldn't be a client-only thing.  Anyway,
see TextClient.java for an example of implementation.  I referred to Todd's
message at http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=5169 for design notes.  (1)
o Message body is now stored in the news tidbit via the empty string key ("").

Assumptions:

o  I'm developing this with Sun's JDK 1.2.2 on Windows NT 4.0.  I *want* it to
work on Java 1.1.x; I haven't been able to test it yet, however.  Any info on
any platform combos is welcome.
o  I'm trying to keep this as modular as possible.  If you see some
functionality that should be broken out into another class, I want to hear from
you.
o  This is still a glimmer in the eye of early early early pre-alpha.  Sorry,
no GUI yet -- I just started this yesterday!  :-)  (If anyone can point me
towards a non-spendy Swing- or even AWT-based HTML renderer component that
supports cookies, that'd be great!)

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  Todd, is this also the general pseudocode for ACLs?  Just wondering.