 Administrative / General / 5403
Re: Pseudo-streaming live news (was: Re: Monitor Page)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 21:26:08 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Dan Boger writes:
I thought of doing that, though - what's the differnece between a newsreader
and my script then?  that it works over http and not nntp?

replying to myself (I did decide I need it) - I read lugnet both at work and at
home - I havn't found an easy way to sync the two, so I'm writing my own :)
Thanks for putting out the API that allows me to do it...

I made a spooler daemon and a simple Curses-based UI which can launch NN or
my text editor to compse replies -- haven't used a "real" newsreader now in
several weeks.

yup, similar to what I'm planning.  It might be a good time to learn perl/g?tk
interface...  right now, it's just popping up the messages (after filtering)
with a header like this:

Tue Mar 21 16:21:39 2000