 Administrative / General / 5428
Re: Pseudo-streaming live news (was: Re: Monitor Page)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 20:13:43 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
For general review, the app:
http://www.io.com/~jsproat/lugnet/text_streaming_news.jar
and the source:
http://www.io.com/~jsproat/lugnet/text_streaming_news.zip
I just changed and re-uploaded these...

...And again.

Changes:

o  I've changed the way the Consumer talks to the Listener -- it's now
somewhat closer to the JDK 1.1.x event model, in that the Consumer has to
Listener.addConsumer() itself, and the Listener can fire news tidbits towards
more than one Consumer.

o  I got rid of the Morsel class in favor of using a Properties object to
represent the news tidbits.  This allows for an arbitrary set of headers, and
so it's up to the Consumer to filter out what it doesn't want.  The body of the
message is fetched using the "Body:" header; I'm not sure I'll keep it that
way since the body, by definition, is a non-header.  The key-value set still
looks like ( "Header:" => "Text text text" }.

o  The thread priority has been knocked down to Thread.MIN_PRIORITY.

Core classes (Listener, Consumer) should be compatabe with JDK 1.1.x, but I
haven't been able to test that yet.  If anyone can, that'd be great.  And as
always, LMKWYT!

Cheers,
- jsproat