 Administrative / General / 5397
Re: Pseudo-streaming live news (was: Re: Monitor Page)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 19:57:05 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Steve Bliss writes:
[snipped everything about the pseudo-streaming stuff]

Cool!  I didn't reply to this sooner, because copying the example client
code, pasting it to a file, and running it through perl pretty much
exhausted my Perl knowledge.  I must play with this some more.

yah, it's very cool - I modified it quite a bit here to have messages pop up to
my screen, and to be able to tell it which message to start at, either by
number or relative to the current one...  I plan to add an option to have it
start by date/time, that way I can tell it:  show me messages that arrived
since 5pm yesterday :)

Dan