 Administrative / General / 5414
Re: Pseudo-streaming live news (was: Re: Monitor Page)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 23:20:40 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Steve Bliss writes:
Would it be possible to have avid.cgi serve up the html streams used to
build the all/compact/brief message-list displays?

That would be very easy, but other than a page header & footer, how would it
differ fundamentally from this which already exists?--

   http://www.lugnet.com/?n=*119500,20&v=b

(This means:  show at most 20 articles in "brief" mode, starting at global
article count 119500.)

Do you have a way to stream-feed snippets of HTML to a live window and see
them rendered incrementally in real-time?

--Todd