 Off-Topic / Debate / 27997
Re: The Brick Testament - More Teachings of Jesus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2006 05:18:18 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Allister McLaren wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Brendan Powell Smith wrote:

   So when I observe or participate in a debate, the very first impulse I have is to determine if the debate is really worth having at all.

I’m surprised you entered this one then. Religious debates are rarely worth participating in. Doubly so if bold John’s involved.

Agreed. But I for one appreciate it. And sometimes there is value in the struggle, even if it seems insurmountable unlikely to succeed.

Someone needs to remind us all of this from time to time, and the Rev does it better than anyone I know.

His measured and tolerant approach, willingness to tolerate the slings and arrows, and undeniable consciousness and certitude are an example to all.

If there were more of him, there’d be almost as much diversity (ie less of the mindless yelling and screaming kind of diversity, but all the earnest question of faith and taste diversity), and considerably less running and dying going on.

It restores ones faith in humanity, if only unitl John’s next post ;-)

Richard
Still baldly going...
(just more quietly than before)