 Off-Topic / Debate / 27968
Re: The Brick Testament - More Teachings of Jesus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2006 18:05:02 GMT

   And if you don’t read the Old Testament for yourself, how will you learn which incense to burn to keep from being immolated by the Lord’s wrath?

Do you mean “to have been kept”?

I’ll need to find the passage again. It’s been a while. But anyway, why is a loving and merciful God immolating anybody in the first place? Heck, by that metric, I’m more loving and merciful than God.

   The Old Testament contains a lot of historical information, including ancient worship practices, which have changed over time as cultures have changed/evolved.

The important part to glean is that God never changes.

Sorry, but that’s as much a statement of faith as the claim that God exists or that God is good. The really important part to remember is that, until God is proven to exist, God is indistinguishable from a concept, and the concept of God changes all the time.

Dave!