 Off-Topic / Debate / 27980
Re: The Brick Testament - More Teachings of Jesus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 14:39:09 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim David wrote:
   In lugnet.build.ancient, Samarth Moray wrote:

   (bricktestament being my only source to biblical teaching)

Eh, do yourself a favor and learn about the Bible from credible commentary, or the source itself. BPS must even cringe at that revelation.

JOHN

Well, yes and no. I agree that going to the source is the best way, but if Samarth was to do a Hindu equivalent of the Brick Testament I’m sure you would find a lot of stuff in it that you were coming to for the first time.

Exactly. That’s why I wouldn’t trust it. I mean, even though Samarth hasn’t read the Bible, he was sharp enough to ask “does the Bible really say or mean that?” It really doesn’t.

I know that it is BPS’s intention to portray it in a mockingly negative manner, but that is “The Reverend”’s shtick.

JOHN

Actually, it does really say that. Go read the entire passage and you will see that it says and means exactly that.

I have seen an analysis which added a whole lot of created meaning to it in order to make it mesh with the common ideas of modern Christianity but the words and meaning are there plain and simple.

Tim