 Off-Topic / Debate / 26464
Re: Custom Space: Obsidian Stealth Strike Craft for sale - The Brickee Mart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 21:33:44 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Lee Meyer wrote:
   your note is condescending and frankly, I have nothing to answer to you for. I credited Collin for his work. Not that its any of your business, but I did try to find contact info for Collin and couldn’t find it.

I really have been thinking of not replying to this until I read your response. Now I think you should listen up. As someone who has borrowed from designs, and had my designed modified and borrowed as well, I don’t mind someone doing that provided they give me credit

The fact that you’re doing this for profit and will only give credit when pressured really worries me. You set a very bad precedent for people buying and selling MOCs, and I think you are being truly classless.

   I find your general position of accusing me of “stealing” or building ships “that look like Lego ships” arrogant on your part. Everyone looks at other peoples’ designs and adopts certain elements and techniques they like into their own models. Whether they are internal or external, if they are external, you’re going to see them. It’s not up to me to talk to you and get your blessing to do so. I’ll go to the source, I don’t know why you think I have to get your okay to do so.

It’s not arrogant. It’s accurate. It’s your arrogance that is going to cost you and the AFOL community as long as you continue to sell other people’s designs.