 Off-Topic / Debate / 26444
Re: Custom Space: Obsidian Stealth Strike Craft for sale - The Brickee Mart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:35:37 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Jason Spears wrote:
   In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Terry Prosper wrote:
   What troubles me the most is Larry’s answer. While Larry is often one of the first to pull the gun at anyone who says anything opposing his point of vue, he congratulates Kevin here about his courage to speak his mind on this delicate issue, therefore, taking his side without the necessary proofs to judge. As a moderator, I thought you had to restrain yourself from such behaviors, but Larry proves me wrong every week. Sadly, I post less and less on Lugnet because of this kind of behavior.

1st - How do you know he doesn’t have the “necessary” proofs?
2nd - Noone here at Lugnet is a “moderator”, as it has been stressed many times before, Lugnet doesn’t moderate (censor) posts. He is a member of the Lugnet Transition Team, but Larry didn’t post under his Lugnet id, he posted under his personal id. Are you suggesting that everyone on that team cannot have an opinion?

   I will also congratulate Kevin, but for his research on the past occurances of Lee’s plagiarism. Your post (Kevin) was clear and very revelating. I wish you’d have asked Lee privately before accusing him publicly (maybe you did, I don’t know, if you did, maybe you should have mentionned it).

Well I cannot comment on whether Kevin contacted him privately, I can say that others have talked to Lee privately and the only change in behavior we have seen was that he mentioned “Based on Collin Harvey’s “Inlander” ship.” This is better, but still not ideal.

Jason Spears | BrickCentral

Hello Jason

To answer your first question, I don’t know if anyone here has any proofs. I made that clear in my previous post and I did say I was merely giving an opinion based on what I read, which didn’t mention the fact that there was proofs, so I assumed he didn’t. This being said, my comment wasn’t about what Kevin wrote because if we’re all right here, that is, if Lee copied without given permission, Kevin did the right thing in making it public. I made that opinion of mine clear in the first post.

About your second point now. I thought wrongly that a member of the transition team was a curator, moderator or something like that. If he were, then yes, it would mean to me he should, as any person with this title, have an iireproachable cnduct here, which means not posting such messages as he just did. It doesn’t mean an admin or moderator cannot express his opinions, but rather that he/she must be more careful.

But you seem to have misunderstoob me. I’m thinking exactly the same as you here, I’m merely being the devil’s advocate. I am offended by Lee’s behaviour and I’m appaled by the plagiarism in any kind. I’m trying so hard not to copy anyone that I find it sometimes hard to get anything original done, there’s always something similar it seems that has already been done somewhere.

And here, someone once did a great spaceship looking like one of mine. As i said, I am sure it was a coincidence, but it was still very similar IMHO. It did annoy me a little, but since I felt it was even better than my own model and I didn’t think he did copy (maybe he never even saw mine before), I didn’t worry about it.

It is a totally different story with Lee however.

Terry http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=36186