 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 16664
Re: Custom Space: Obsidian Stealth Strike Craft for sale - The Brickee Mart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade

Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:12:34 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Lee Meyer wrote:
I certainly wouldn't expect anything less from you, Larry.  I don't think
we've been on the same side of an issue more than once.  You nicely overlook
the "have you no shame" commment that really got my ire up.  Judge jury and
executioner all rolled up into one one that sentence.

The fact is, I have adopted design techniques and made ships that have much
in common with other peoples' creations.  I have credited some, some after
they contacted me asking if I based a design on one of their ships.  I just
don't think people are sitting around here waiting for credits when someone
else uses a technique they use.  Why are we all not crediting the guy/gal who
first began SNOT every time we build a ship with SNOT techniques?  How about
the guy who first used wheels as engines?

It isn't your place or anyone else's place to question me and prejudge me if
I have credited another's design.  It is my call, just like it's your call if
you do.  If I don't think it's a big enough thing, I don't believe I must
credit someone else.  We all have to determine what 'big enough' is.  Nobody
here owns a certain technique and technically, nobody here is required to
credit anyone else, although I do think it is a nice thing to do.  That's why
I did on my recent ship, and why I should have initially on the Delta Dart
fighter.

Your glib, sarcastic response about "Well how many ships have you copied, and
I'll estimate how many you need to credit" line really tells me what you're
all about.  Thanks for being such a thoughtful person.

Lee

I can't comment on anything legal about this issue, nor about the lack (or need
of) shame required to do what Lee is doing with these models.  Based on what I
can see from this thread, it is apparent to me that Lee copied many MOCs from
other people and sells them for his own profit, which is appaling to me.  Maybe
Kevin was a little out of line by accusing him (even though it seems he was
right in doing so, but did he know for sure at the time?).

What troubles me the most is Larry's answer.  While Larry is often one of the
first to pull the gun at anyone who says anything opposing his point of vue, he
congratulates Kevin here about his courage to speak his mind on this delicate
issue, therefore, taking his side without the necessary proofs to judge.  As a
moderator, I thought you had to restrain yourself from such behaviors, but Larry
proves me wrong every week.  Sadly, I post less and less on Lugnet because of
this kind of behavior.

I will also congratulate Kevin, but for his research on the past occurances of
Lee's plagiarism.  Your post (Kevin) was clear and very revelating.  I wish
you'd have asked Lee privately before accusing him publicly (maybe you did, I
don't know, if you did, maybe you should have mentionned it).

Again, Lee, I don't think you should keep doing that.  It hardly seems fair to
others that you take their designs and make profit on them.

Just my 0.02$

Terry