 Off-Topic / Debate / 26448
Re: Custom Space: Obsidian Stealth Strike Craft for sale - The Brickee Mart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:39:07 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mark Neumann wrote:

   And here, someone once did a great spaceship looking like one of mine. As i said, I am sure it was a coincidence, but it was still very similar IMHO. It did annoy me a little, but since I felt it was even better than my own model and I didn’t think he did copy (maybe he never even saw mine before), I didn’t worry about it.

It is a totally different story with Lee however.

Terry
http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=36186

   Now comparing at Chris’ S.M.A.C and Terry’s Donkey I see stylisitic similarities but not plagerism. The two models appear to be different scales. The Donkey looks like a bigger ship to me. The SMAC looks like it has a significant break in the middle where the Donkey is a more solid, single hull style construction. Chris’ SMAC also uses many of the elements that he is known for with his PCS ships. However, I see stylistic similarties but I think they are different enough to say that perhaps Chris didn’t neccessarily use the Donkey as a point of referece to create the SMAC.

Agreed. Furthermore, I believe Chris drew inspiration exclusively from this picture: http://www.livethenow.com/neutron/ConceptArt/ships/Ramjet01_sm.jpg

Both are fine ships, as well.