 Off-Topic / Debate / 26454
Re: Custom Space: Obsidian Stealth Strike Craft for sale - The Brickee Mart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 00:57:01 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Douglas R. Clark wrote:

   The next extension to this question is when a person actually creates his/her own theme such as Chris Gidden’s PCS line or Mark Sandlin’s 3vil line. Most people here think it is pretty cool if someone else attempts to create and post a PCS or 3vil MOC. However if someone tries to sell a PCS or 3vil MOC I would say you would need permission from the theme’s creators first. For example, I have a SpacePoliceII MOC that is one of my original creations. I would have to obtain permission from Lego to sell it as a SPII MOC since Lego still owns the copyright to the SPII theme.

Indeed. As an example of this: When Ryan Wood decided to sell kits of his Floating Heads Sportscar, he first contacted Tim Deering, creater of the floating heads. If I am not mistaken, Tim was very cordial and of course allowed Ryan to do so. I believe Ryan gave (or will give) Tim a kit free of charge because Tim is such a cool guy and Ryan <3’s him.