 Off-Topic / Debate / 26450
Re: Custom Space: Obsidian Stealth Strike Craft for sale - The Brickee Mart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:38:37 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Kevin Blocksidge wrote: SNIP

Here is what I suggest you do:

• Immediately take all sets that are copies of other peoples models off your site.

• Email the creator of each, apologizing profusely, and offering compensation if infact you did sell any of them.

• At that point, ask permission to sell their design, giving proper credit to the original designer.

Once again, the problem arrived when you sell other’s designs. I cannot emphasize that enough.

I realize these are serious accusations I (and others) have laid upon you. But at this point I can think of no concievable way in which you could prove these accusations wrong. I plan to email the bricklink admins if you do not solve this problem.

I have a feeling you will not be welcomed on these forums any longer if you do not quickly right things.

Hi Kevin,

I think you are correct in terms of your suggestions, as I believe it really is not worth it to sell other people’s designs that I have modified or based ships on. Clearly from everyone’s responses it is more the selling part of the thing that gets people the most, and so it is easily enough resolved. Selling Lego parts and sets isn’t a job for me as much as something that was supposed to be a stress release kind of thing. I also never wanted to be thought of as a source of stress for others, either.

I suppose that the big lesson I have come away with is that it certainly would have not turned into such an issue if I had contacted them before going ahead and putting my versions out there for sale, and credited them in the item description.

Lee