 Off-Topic / Debate / 24190
Re: Not Saving Private Ryan.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 07:41:14 GMT

   1. When they’re near the bombed-out French house and one of their number is wounded, the sniper keeps shooting the downed man to draw the others out into the open to be shot. Though I expect that this really occurs in combat, the same idea was shown on film in Kubrick’s Full Metal Jacket (and probably elsewhere).

I thought the pasta-loving Vin was only shot once?

   You don’t keep shooting the same man - how are you going to draw the others out if you kill him? And you certainly don’t keep shooting the same man if you intend to keep the same position as a sniper (which you shouldn’t be doing, anyway).

Talking of snipers, I love the scenes in SPR where our heroes tramp across open fields and cross the crests of hills as they are too brave to use cover!

Scott A