 Off-Topic / Debate / 24137
Re: Not Saving Private Ryan.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 28 May 2004 23:40:40 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
   Saving Private Ryan is basically Holywood’s version of events; I’m not a big fan of Hollywood re-writing history.

Me neither. Probably why I didn’t go see it. That and the bit about sitting in one seat for 3 hours.

   I would suggest “every American” read about and discover the story for themselves. Ambrose (who helped with SPR and wrote Band of Brothers)

I did watch most of BoB since it was already paid for on the cable TV. Very absorbing, but the digital film artifacts gave me headaches. Bring back motion blur please!

   has a very accessible book on D-Day and an excellent book on Pegasus Bridge. Check them out!

Thanks, I will. Is it ok for “non Americans” to read about it too? ;^)

Don