 Off-Topic / Debate / 24147
Re: Not Saving Private Ryan.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 29 May 2004 18:19:12 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:

(snip)

Freedom most certainly isn’t free. This is the only thing I fear about the future fledgling Democracy of Iraq--

The attempts of the pro-war right to link George “AWOL” Bush’s illegal war in Iraq to WW2 never fail to leave me bemused.

You should signal your turns. What is “AWOL”? “A Winner Over Lefties?”

I can’t remember Bush winning anything... certainly not medals in Vietnam. ;)

   that they didn’t fully earn it themselves. But they have made sacrifices (the 1,000s of innocents killed),

They did not make sacrifices; they were “sacrificed”.

Calloused and insensitive semantics. Par for the course.

It is not semantics. There is a gulf between making a sacrifice and being sacrificed. Think about it.

   Many of us have yet to be convinced that they died for democracy.

Oh really. And what would it take to convince you of that?

The truth is becoming clearer day-by-day; your countrymen are now getting the feeling they have been duped.

   The safe $$$ is on nothing; nada; nichts.

   Their soon to be installed CIA PM does not help win that argument.

LOL PERFECT! You are already envoking the “CIA puppet” rhetoric. Good form! So predictable.

I note you do not dispute my comments.

Scott A

JOHN