 Off-Topic / Debate / 14842
Re: Medical Marijuana
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 18:41:12 GMT

David:

I think a lot of that shows a poor understanding of what is actually taking
place in our good country.

The reasons to keep drugs (currently illicit drugs) ILLEGAL are:

? I admit I'm not up on the issues, but essentially the reasons you give are
"under-the-covers" reasoning. And as such, are they encouragable? IE is
having "slush money" and "overseeing drug trade" and "illegally dealing in
drugs" something that you consider a "pro" of keeping drugs illegal?

If you're right, I'll admit that those may indeed be the reasons behind why
it's currently kept illegal, but that they shouldn't be. And if you're
wrong... ?

They're true assertions about how things operate.

Further, they're extremely valid reasons for the powers that be to want
drugs illegal although I deny that they've organised into an overarching
conspiracy that has thought things through.

But since they're valid reasons for anti freedom forces to want drugs
illegal, they are conversely valid reasons to want drugs LEGAL so that we
knock those props away.