 Off-Topic / Debate / 14831
Re: Medical Marijuana
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 17:44:25 GMT

David:

I think a lot of that shows a poor understanding of what is actually taking
place in our good country.

The reasons to keep drugs (currently illicit drugs) ILLEGAL are:
1. Increased government income (nondeclared, slips easily into one's
pockets) from illegally dealing in drugs (consider CIA, NSA involvement in
the drug trade since at least the 1980s)
2. More government jobs for overseeing drug trade in a false charade called
the "war on drugs" (The result of the "war on drugs" is more drugs on the
street, and cheaper, than we had before; byproduct bonus is tighter hold of
our people through the DEA and anti-terrorist law enforcers)
3. Increased commerce by both govt. sanctioned and other illegal traders of
drugs (more slushy money to stimulate the economy here and abroad, without
drug money some foreign companies would "rollover" on their debts to the
world banks -- which has almost happened when a few of the same countries
actually used this very fact as a bargaining tool to renegotiate their
current loans)
4. More crowded prisons to increase employment for UNICOR workers (see:
http://www.unicor.gov/), not to mention employment opportunities for jailers
and the like.
5. More court time & police time used jamming the legal system with
unimportant cases (leaving civil liberty cases to the mercies of the
Ashwander Doctrine in an already flooded legal system, public sentiment in
favor of police powers regardless of civil liberties violations)
6. No need for controlled drug quality & information (illegally created
drugs are of almost pharmaceutical grade anyway, complain to your dealer if
he cuts it with garbage; information/education leads to non-use of govt.
products)
7. It sends the message that drugs are not ok, while captializing on this
very fact (ala The Ministry of Love)

If our government did things for the rights reasons we wouldn't be
completely whored out to multi-national corps. and the military, AND your
votes would actually count more than a lobbyists money.

I could be wrong...

-- Hop-Frog