 Off-Topic / Debate / 14836
Re: Medical Marijuana
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 18:15:01 GMT

But does your constitution not give you supreme court the right to do “all
kinds of crazy things” with your rights?

By the way, I was talking about this story:

US outlaws 'medical' marijuana
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/americas/newsid_1330000/1330346.stm

Scott A

Does your supreme court agree with that view? I hear not.

Depends on the court we are talking about.  The current court has done all
kinds of crazy things with our rights.  That the power of the single state
is losing ground to the idea of a single nation in an era of "globalization"
is hardly surprising.  Not good, but not surprising...

It is sad that the Supreme Court can so completely be used this way, but
there it is. It swings to and fro. We are now in an era of "conservatism" --
or ramrodding all kinds of Republican bilge down the people's throats (to
semi-mix my metaphors).

-- Hop-Frog