 Off-Topic / Debate / 14793
Re: Medical Marijuana
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 16:33:36 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

"Lawrence Wilkes" wrote in message

And if you are looking for consipacy stories Larry,

Well, I wasn't (see my followup to His Royal Majesty the Frog Prince) but
thanks for thinking of me just the same :-)...

we could ponder on the fact that only earlier this year the
government refused to do this - as they have done for decades, then
suddenly we have the Afgan situation.
And where does a lot of the marijuna come from......
I reckon they did a deal with the normal alliance - 'look we will
increase the market for your crops, providing you
greater income without it looking like aid. You just help us get rid of
bin laden, etc'

I think most US pot is domestic "greenhouse" grown. Pot's too low value for
the mass to smuggle. Cheech and Chong notwithstanding.

Sorry. Northern Alliance!

Oh, I thought normal alliance was a *brilliant* malaprop. Conveys aspects of
"the usual suspects" which I think fits. Standard band of ruffians
temporarily brought together (till they splinter) and all that.