 Off-Topic / Debate / 1247
Re: Lego Holocaust art (Was: can someone help me identify these parts?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 04:45:11 GMT

Sproaticus <jsproat@geocities.com> wrote:
I've also been all over New England visiting friends and generally enjoying
the area.  Perhaps that is what has biased me against the Southern states.

I'm not surprised.  My wife Rachael lived in CT for 10 years after
living in TN for a few years.  She's told me loads of stories about
basically ignorant northerners who seem to have this vision of the
South as being something out of Andy Griffith on the good side and, I
don't know, Deliverance on the bad side.

She said people repeatedly seemed surprised that she was as far along
if not farther along in school than her peers when she moved to CT.
Hell, they were surprised we had running water down here.  Arrogantly
ignorant cretins, imo.

literally saw white people lean outside of their cars and yell racist
names at blacks - something I've never seen in the South.

I've seen this too, in several places in Texas and Utah.  I'm sure it
happens elsewhere, too.  I've just never seen it anywhere in the North.

My wife tells me the northerners hide their racism a lot better than
some, but that it's still there in a good many people, just like it's
there in people down here in God's country.

Me, I'd rather deal with an openly racist redneck than a dishonest
yankee bigot, but that's just me.

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide