 Off-Topic / Debate / 1228
Re: Lego Holocaust art (Was: can someone help me identify these parts?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 15:18:40 GMT

Sproaticus <jsproat@geocities.com> wrote:
There were (and still are) places in the American south where black people
would be safe to not go to.

Not that I want to sound like I'm defending racist scum, but dammit I
hate hearing crap like that.

Have you ever BEEN to the American South?

There are places all over the whole freaking world where PEOPLE would
be safer if they never went there.

I've lived all over TN and I've spent time in every state in the
South.  I've never been to a single place where black people would be
inherently unsafe, no matter what you see in the movies.  That doesn't
mean they don't exist, but I'd be willing to wager that there are just
as many places where whites, latinos, you name it, are unsafe.

I remember my childhood trips to Wisconsin and the open, very public
racist ridicule that the ocassional black person was subjected to.  I
literally saw white people lean outside of their cars and yell racist
names at blacks - something I've never seen in the South.

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide