 Off-Topic / Debate / 1245
Re: Lego Holocaust art (Was: can someone help me identify these parts?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 03:52:06 GMT

Richard Dee wrote:

Pearl Harbour was a military target. Hiroshima and Nagasaki
were civilian cities. There were sufficient industrial and
military targets available that would have resulted in

I'm not convinced.  I think we basically had to really drive home that
we don't view the world the way they did, and that we were willing to do
anything possible to destroy them.  I think we managed that with as
little loss of value as possible.

Japanese surrender. Granted, what the Japanese did
throughout Asia was horrendous, and that it was war, but
that is no justification for incinerating civilian cities.

I think it is.

And yes, I am fully aware of Dresden, a civilian target,
targeted by the Royal Air Force, with a similar, if not
higher, death toll. The only difference was that incendiary
bombs were used, not atomic. But no less reprehensible.

War is hell.

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks