 Off-Topic / Debate / 1236
Re: Lego Holocaust art (Was: can someone help me identify these parts?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 22:11:08 GMT

Ed Jones wrote:

Ok folks, I'm about to open a HUGE can of worms, so here goes.

You know, I read this and thought "that's not a huge can o'
worms...that's nothing...you know, he's right."  But then I read the

Why is it that when anyone speaks of the Holocaust, only Jews are mentioned.

Stronger social lobby?

Jews represented only 60% of those extinguished during the holocaust.  Gays,

OK, so one cohesive group represented 60% of the victims and four other
groups represented the other 40%...at maybe 10% each?  So one group
accounts for six times that of any other group?  I guess that must be
why they get the prime franchise on pity.

Gypsys, blacks and poles were also executed.  Why is it that they are rarely
mentioned.  The new National holocaust museum in Washington DC has a single
small exhibit to 40% of those killed that takes less than 3% of the museum.
The Holocaust museum in NYC does not even acknowledge the other 40%.

I agree that that's pretty shabby work on the museum's part if your
numbers are correct.

Sorry, but it grates on my nerves when those that want keep the memory of the
Holocaust alive choose to do so by ignoring 40% of the victims.

Don't be sorry...vent it all out.  It's good for you.

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks
central Missouri, USA