 Off-Topic / Debate / 1255
Re: Lego Holocaust art (Was: can someone help me identify these parts?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 17:25:28 GMT

Sproaticus <jsproat@geocities.com> wrote:
Mike Stanley wrote:
My wife tells me the northerners hide their racism a lot better than
some, but that it's still there in a good many people, just like it's
there in people down here in God's country.

But somehow, it seems more organized in the South.  Take for instance:  the
KKK, the John Bircher Society, the state of Alabama, etc.

Yup.  Sure hope I'm not sounding like I defend racism of any kind, but
something in me would rather be able to point out the danger zones
easily than to bump up against them without some kind of warning.

:-D  How about an openly biased Yankee?

Heh, dunno.  I've met a handful of yankees I'd consider damned good
people so far.  Met about 25 times as many I'd just call arrogant
weenies.  :)

Openly anything is better than hiding, imo.

I don't know if I can call myself a Yankee, though.  I've lived most of my
life overseas in the Marshall Islands, and given the choice and someone else
paying my way, I'd probably go back to live there again.

I've lived lots of places and visited a lot more.  I'll take the South
any day. :)

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide