 Off-Topic / Debate / 1223
Re: Lego Holocaust art (Was: can someone help me identify these parts?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 01:42:36 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:

These were all custom jobs; the person who put the boxes together is
Zbigniew Libera, a Polish artist expressing his views on the recent
trivialization of the Holocaust.  The first time I saw it, I cried.

Ok folks, I'm about to open a HUGE can of worms, so here goes.

Why is it that when anyone speaks of the Holocaust, only Jews are mentioned.
Jews represented only 60% of those extinguished during the holocaust.  Gays,
Gypsys, blacks and poles were also executed.  Why is it that they are rarely
mentioned.  The new National holocaust museum in Washington DC has a single
small exhibit to 40% of those killed that takes less than 3% of the museum.
The Holocaust museum in NYC does not even acknowledge the other 40%.

Sorry, but it grates on my nerves when those that want keep the memory of the
Holocaust alive choose to do so by ignoring 40% of the victims.

Yes the Holocaust was a horendous, insane, disgusting event in human history -
to 100% of its victims.