 Marketplace / Shopping / 5413
Re: Shop at Home up and running?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 02:59:36 GMT

In article <G2L2K7.Hz2@lugnet.com>, "Tony Hafner"
<hafhead@PANTSplanetquake.com> wrote:

But the site is basically unuseable anyway, as it is ridiculously
slow.  Not that this is a big surprise- I just wonder why they bother
asking you if you want the "hi-band" flash site or the "lo-band" HTML
site.  Apparently "lo" is their special word for "tons of images and
code that take forever on a P500 with a T1 connection", while "hi" is
their special word for "sucks as bad as the lo site, but also
includes animation on every page that has to run before the page
becomes UI active".

I didn't notice any unreasonable slowness on the hi-band site over a
cable modem. I doubt it's the design that's causing the slowness you
had; I imagine either the server or the network was overloaded when you
visited the site.

--
Mark D. McKean - The Quantum Panda - qpanda@iwaynet.net