 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 902
Re: Shop at Home up and running?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 22:22:47 GMT

Well, I don't know about homes made of LEGO, the actual discount limits per
year are not that generous (I know the numbers but won't be specific). But I
know several S@H employees by name (I do talk to them a lot) and more of
*them* know who *I* am. Sometimes we talk about other stuff than my order.
Unlike other call centers at other companies, they aren't measured quite as
tightly on calls per hour, which is wise policy on TLC's part IMHO.

Larry, I could recount countless “conversations” with telesales people. They
all tell me _their_ product is great, they use it, there mother uses etc etc.
They always sound happy as they work for great companies... and they always
appear to have so much in common with me. However, I could also tell you about
people who I know that work in call centres... and they tell me it is pretty
poor.

If you are saying it is not the job of a teleslaes person to empathise with
me, pamper me, agree with me etc etc etc I'll disagree.

Scott A