 General / 23101
Re: Shop at Home up and running?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:09:36 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tony Hafner writes:
But the site is basically unuseable anyway, as it is ridiculously slow.  Not
that this is a big surprise- I just wonder why they bother asking you if you
want the "hi-band" flash site or the "lo-band" HTML site.  Apparently "lo" is
their special word for "tons of images and code that take forever on a P500
with a T1 connection", while "hi" is their special word for "sucks as bad as
the lo site, but also includes animation on every page that has to run before
the page becomes UI active".

Yes it is horrible.  Never seen a page that would hit 100% CPU when everything
is drawn and there is no animation.  May be it is on purpose to match the
"horror" theme of holloween? <sign>

And where is the "next page" button when it list the first 15 of 58 bulk
elements?