 General / 23102
Re: Shop at Home up and running?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:11:10 GMT

A few new snippets of information that I got because there was a small problem
with my CC (not all the digits took, a problem ticket is open on that) and I
got called (in the UK on my mobile, as it turned out).

U is indeed a new order confirmation series and the numbers started at
U0000001. She wasn't sure about X as the non US order confirmation code start
letter but thought it sounded right. P and T remain as always (P)rimary and
overflow respectively.

Inputting a catalog code at any point in the process prior to confirming
should get you the prices (as discounted or raised as the case may be) in that
catalog. A code is not needed, you'll get the prices listed on the site, but
if you put it in, you should. It may or may not be working 100% correctly yet,
so keep an eye on it. Although of course the idea with web ordering is to
reduce the load on the call center, if you see problems, call (armed with your
order number if you went all the way to the end and committed the order and
got a conf...).

S@H folks(1) are "informally" watching this list for problems and feedback. No
committments, of course,  to respond to any particular messages... but they do
care, they DO appreciate the constructive (positive AND negative) feedback and
DON'T particularly appreciate the rude posts from certain parts, as they're
trying to do their jobs and just don't need the nastiness.

1 - Most of the regular staff are regular people... moms who live in the
Enfield area, and a number of them work at S@H at least in part so that they
can keep their kids (or themselves in some cases) in LEGO by getting the
discount.

++Lar