 Marketplace / Shopping / 5412
5411  |  5413
Subject:
Valdosta - Round 3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 02:58:29 GMT

I felt it was time to revisit the Valdosta (GA) K-Mart clearance-of-the-year
today. It had been two weeks since the last shot, and I was feeling antsy about
waiting any longer. Looks like my timimg paid off...

The Good News....
60% off all toys as of today !

The Bad News
Things which were one-sies and two-sies at my last visit were mostly gone today.

What I saw and rough estimates of quantity

6013 Samurai Swordsman - Maybe 100 still lying around
7111 Droid Fighter - Probably 150-200

5976 River Expedition - 40-60
5986 Amazon Ancient Ruins - 50-ish (the end cap is still mostly intact)
4840 Granite Grinder - 50-ish
1298 Advent Calendar - 40-ish

7171 Mos Espa Pod Race - 30 (!)

6424 Rig Racers - ~10
4850 Loader Dozer - 10-15
3051 Blaze Attack - ~5
3052 Ninja Fire Fortress - ~20
6128 Sting Ray Stormer - ~25
5938 Oasis Ambush - ~5
6799 Canyon Playstage - ~10
6110 Solo Sub - 1
6499 Time Tunnelator - ~5
6900 Cyber Saucer - ~4
3053 Ninja Stronghold - ~2
5738 Cosmic Creeper - ~4
6190 Shark's Crystal Cave - ~1
8252 Beach Buster - ~5
6572 Wind Runners - ~5
6456 Mission Control - ~1
6433 Coastwatch - ~1
6045 Ninja Surprise - ~4
6180 Hydro Search Sub - 1
5978 Sphynx Secret Surprise - 1 (bad box)

In addition, there were a few of the insectiods and UFO sets with the funny
mask.

The following appear to be all gone: 6037, 7121, 7115, 6761, 6454, 6031, 6027,
6007, 5988, 4990, 4920, 4805, 4293.

Some of these are now gone because I cleaned out the few remaining and some
were gone where I got there. The place is a mess, but I spent 4+ hours prowling
the aisles and shelves.

One other note: The closing date originally set for Nov 1, has been pushed back
to Nov 11. I guess things were not flying off the shelf as fast as originally
expected.

If you had a prior request in for retrieval of stuff, I will get an email out
to you by tomorrow noon detailing what I was able to get and what was gone. If
you want any of this stuff, send me an email. I will respond with details.
Prices can be estimated by going to lugnet, taking the retail price of the set
and multiply by 40%.

Ray Sanders [ who keeps thinking "for $1200 I could clear out all of those Pod
Race sets" :) ]