 Marketplace / Services / 209
Re: BAYLIT - Brickbay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 15:59:57 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Larry Pieniazek writes:
<snip>
I thought about suggesting this myself.  I think it would be a great way to
promote those people that use the site extensively.  Providing a link to an
alphabetical listing would probably be a good idea though, fo rthose people
looking for a store by name.

Unfortunately, there are ways to cheat your way to the top of this type of
list too.  Such as listing 3,000,000 Yellow 1x1 bricks @ $5 each.

Yes.

The general idea here is worth discussing, I think. I'd like to see several
different ways of organizing... by alpha, by geography, by feedback rating!,
by whether the site is "parts oriented" or "set oriented" (maybe this is
something the site owner chooses), by whether it is "new set", "promo
set", "used set" (again, maybe keywords that get entered into the site
description) oriented, by how many parts are there, by how many sets are
there, by average price per set, per part, etc.

Well as I said in another thread I would prefer sorting not be purely by # of
parts.  I have a store and for what I want it for it has been a hugh success
but it doesn't have 50,000 parts and probably never will.  It has gone over
1,000 a couple times but it hasn't stayed that way long because of my
methodology of pricing parts to sell quickly rather than sitting with a large
inventory of parts that sell slowly.

All this means is that I will probably be near the bottom of the list if it
were # of parts oriented while in terms of dollar production it has been quite
successful and my feedback rating has been growing (although admittedly not as
high as some).  Therefore I would prefer either a user customizable sort or one
of the Default sorts like Larry mentioned (I think feedback rating is a great
choice).

All said and done though I think Dan has done a fantastic job and I know I
wouldn't even be doing this without Brickbay which is good for both me and the
people that buy from me.  In the end I don't think it will truely matter how
the list is sorted because I think many buyers will search for parts and then
choose a seller not just choose someone for their store name or part
quantities.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/