 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8168
Re: Shop Names (Was: Re: BAYLIT - Brickbay)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 10:44:16 GMT

How would you determine how
many parts equal 1 set?  Not by the number of parts in the set because the set
is sold as a whole.

True, but it is a start. Unfortunately, there are also a large number of lots
that qualify as more than just a 'part' or 'set'. Currently, I have a large lot
of green slopes that fit into this category.  Are they a single item or a set?
Just because it doesn't come factory sealed doesn't mean that it can't be sold
as a 'green roofing pack'. There is no just solution to this problem.

Having a shop on the top of the list that looks like
<--- @LOOK! @LOOK! LEGO!!! --> doesn't mean that the individual will sell
more.

True enough, but it does lead to more immediate exposure that those of us with
sensible names who happen to be listed low on the main page do not have.
Scrolling down is something many people just won't do.

They will sell more depending on the selection of items, quantity,
descriptions, images and prices.

Again, this is true, but it has nothing to do with the immediate exposure of the
front page. Perhaps eliminating all shops from the main page is the solution,
though this would lead to more steps for the shopper. i.e. 'Browse our shops' or
'Search for a part' would comprise the main page plus whatever Brickbay business
needed to be there. Indiviual shops would be located on a sub-page that shoppers
could access if they wanted to.

Not a perfect solution by any means, but is there truly a perfect solution?

It just doesn't look nice.

Agreed.

I'm going to put in code that will not let you pick a shop name with anything
else than alpha characters excluding shop names with the first and second
character being "A"

Thank You!!!! At least ~$ Zylon's Lego $~ won't be a possibility....