 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8170
Re: Shop Names (Was: Re: BAYLIT - Brickbay)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 12:20:27 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Dan Jezek writes:
Having a shop on the top of the list that looks like
<--- @LOOK! @LOOK! LEGO!!! --> doesn't mean that the individual will sell
more.  They will sell more depending on the selection of items, quantity,
descriptions, images and prices.  It just doesn't look nice.
I'm going to put in code that will not let you pick a shop name with anything
else than alpha characters excluding shop names with the first and second
character being "A"

And what do you do when someone named Aaron wants to have his shop be "Aaron's
LEGO", perfectly reasonable (and if his last name is Smith, I'm sure he'd far
rather be "Aaron's LEGO" than "Smith's LEGO").

Other's a right, any scheme you pick can be worked around. Blocking the special
characters is reasonable, much futher that that, and you're not really
accomplishing anything.

A far better thing to do is communicate your expectations in the TOS, and TOSs
people who are unwilling to play the game you're offering.

Frank