 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8167
Re: Shop Names (Was: Re: BAYLIT - Brickbay)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 09:51:54 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Dan Jezek writes:

I thought about that and about showing shops with 10K+ parts in bold but then
shops also have sets in them so it would have to be a combination of how many
parts and how many sets one has in their shop.  How would you determine how
many parts equal 1 set?

I'll bet 50 qatloos that I can come up with a method to circumvent any rule
like that that you come up with.

Want to base it on number of parts,  or $ value of inventory?  No problem:
I'll just offer 150,000 Technic friction pins at $2 apiece.  And,  if anyone
should be so foolish as to actually order them,  I really would deliver them,
so you can't claim that I'm "scamming".

Because of the excellent way you designed Brickbay,  with the ability to use
the search engine as a "shop-o-bot" to go looking for deals on the particular
parts a customer wants,  the "AAA Lego Sales" issue is almost moot.  I believe
that customers would be best served by a "home page" that makes it easy for
them to find a particular shop after the search engine (or another customer:
I often tell someone looking for a particular part that I've seen it recently
in xxxx on Brickbay) has told them that there are enough hits to make it worth
"e-visiting".

Before spending too much effort on this,  I suggest you follow your usual
procedure of seeing what your customers want:  I think it will turn out to
be a tempest in a teaspoon that's not worth bothering with.

Ran