 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8166
8165  |  8167
Subject:
Shop Names (Was: Re: BAYLIT - Brickbay)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 09:23:29 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Tom Heidemann writes:
Hey... how about listing the brickbay sites by number of parts?  The more you
post, the higher on the list you are!  That way we can avoid anyone
opening "AAA Lego Sales".

I thought about that and about showing shops with 10K+ parts in bold but then
shops also have sets in them so it would have to be a combination of how many
parts and how many sets one has in their shop.  How would you determine how
many parts equal 1 set?  Not by the number of parts in the set because the set
is sold as a whole.

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Dave Johann writes:

And, yes, Dan...this is EXACTLY the type of store naming I was talking about. • I
wish there was a way to knock all names starting with special characters to • the
bottom of the list. Better yet, they just won't show up in the main list.

Having a shop on the top of the list that looks like
<--- @LOOK! @LOOK! LEGO!!! --> doesn't mean that the individual will sell
more.  They will sell more depending on the selection of items, quantity,
descriptions, images and prices.  It just doesn't look nice.
I'm going to put in code that will not let you pick a shop name with anything
else than alpha characters excluding shop names with the first and second
character being "A"