 General / 4885
Re: A lurkers opinion (formerly: Re: 2 Things...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 02:12:43 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.general, Don Heyse writes:
I like seeing the recent news on the front page, but I would prefer to see
20 messages in compact form.  Actually I usually jump straight to the
traffic report page so this isn't a really big deal for me.  I like the
idea of an advanced interface that goes straight to the compact form from
the traffic page.  This would be great!

OK, check out the traffic page now.  http://www.lugnet.com/news/traffic/

I like it!  I like it a lot better!  Now if you could attach the message
titles to the little blue squares and make a bigger mousing target I'd be
completely happy.

Well actually, while you're at it there is one more small thing, and someone
else may have already mentioned it.  Could you add a second box at the page
top for Pause searches?  Right now they're still TWO whole mouse clicks away.
It'd be fantastic to have the set pictures just ONE cut and paste operation
away at all times!  This would add YEARS of life to my current mouse finger.

For reference, I use netscape on a 19 inch monitor at 1600x1200 with 15 bit
color most of the time.  I have to use my left (wrong) hand for the mouse
because the right hand has carpal mouse syndrome.  This makes it even
harder for me to target those very very tiny little blue squares.

Interesting.  Wow!  Good stuff to know, thanks.

I'm not old yet, but my hands and eyes are prematurely aged from computer
use.

How about from LEGO use?  ;-)

Not yet.  I'm only a few months outa the dark ages right now.  Perhaps
in time I'll blame the LEGO bricks.  Well, maybe just the pesky little ones...

Don