 General / 4896
Re: A lurkers opinion (formerly: Re: 2 Things...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:59:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, Don Heyse writes:
In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.general, Don Heyse writes:
Well actually, while you're at it there is one more small thing, and
someone else may have already mentioned it.  Could you add a second box
at the page top for Pause searches?  Right now they're still TWO whole
mouse clicks away.  It'd be fantastic to have the set pictures just ONE
cut and paste operation away at all times!  This would add YEARS of life
to my current mouse finger.

Here's some important information about search boxes:

  http://www.lugnet.com/general/?n=4883

I realize you can indirectly get to the set picture by typing the number in
the "search newsgroups" box and then hitting the link at the top.  I was just
hoping to avoid the extra step and go straight there.  I want to see the
picture FAR more often than the other search results.  Also this is really
2 extra mouse clicks since I have to hit the BACK button twice to get back
to the original message.  Mind you this is already better than my current
method of typing the pause search URL manually.  I just want it to be perfect.
Two search boxes would be that.

Thanks for listening,

Don

You can always do what I did: put a link to the Browse Pause page in your
toolbar.  It is the same number of clicks, but you don't have to type a URL,
and if you need to look for a set that you don't know the number for, all the
data is right there.

Jeff