 General / 4852
Re: 2 Things...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 19:23:46 GMT

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:
Another annoying thing, I'm not sure what you're doing to set the text
size,

On the full-article view, it's using <FONT SIZE="-1"> and <FONT SIZE="-2">
for the quoted text and the standard font size for the main text.  This might
change to use only SIZE="-1".

On the brief snippet views, it's using <FONT FACE="Verdana,Geneva,Helvetica"
SIZE="-2">.

All the font sizes are relative, so if someone is running with larger fonts
than the default, it'll still work.  The old pages forced a 9-pt Courier on
the article display, which was a really really bad thing to do.

but on my Netscape at work, the text now comes out almost too
small to read.

Any chance you could send a screenshot?  What size monitor are you using
and what size in pixels is your video display?

--Todd