 General / 4897
Re: 2 Things...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 13:04:49 GMT

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> writes:

A big thing here is also more visibility and awareness for the loc groups,
which people had been having a lot of trouble finding and using.

So the problem is to draw Swedish people to the lugnet.loc.se.* groups,
say?

How about this idea: If there is a coutry where at least one LEGO
interested person lives, some people from that country can make the
unofficial regional LUGNET homepage for that country, in the regional
language, subject to a lot of constraints as to the design of the web
page and so on, obviously.  This homepage will have links to regional
resources, such as shops, MOC's, meetings and so on.  _And_ it will have
links to the regional lugnet.loc.* groups.

The point here is that people from Sweden, say, can go to the unofficial
Swedish LUGNET homepage, read it in Swedish, visit links to other
Swedish LEGO resources, and read the lugnet.loc.se.* groups (in Swedish
or English, I suppose).

Administering this will be hard, but I suppose one can make rigid
templates for the regional homepages, so that devoted people from the
country in question can just fill in the information needed.

Does it sound like a good idea?

Fredrik